Baptism of children and adults
- Baptism (sometimes known as Christening) can happen at any stage of life, from small babies to adults. Baptism is a gift from God and is open to all. You do not need to be a member of the church in order to have a child Baptised. We are always happy to explain what is involved in the service and what it all means.
- To arrange a Baptism please contact the Rector on 742494. Baptisms usually take place on a Sunday during the 10.30 am service. In exceptional circumstances, alternative arrangements can be made, but this will be at the discretion of the Rector.
Weddings, Marriage Blessings and Renewal of Marriage Vows
- St James’s is an ideal venue for a wedding. The church seats about 120 people comfortably, and the attractive gardens are well maintained by our team of volunteers.
- The availability of your chosen reception venue is likely to be the most restricted, so it is wise to approach these first and get some provisional dates. However, the availability of the church is NOT guaranteed, so couples are advised to contact the Rector so that he can give some guidance about dates before making a firm booking with a hotel for your reception.
- The General Registrar Office for Scotland has information on the legal issues involved in getting married: