Baptism of children and adults
- Baptism can happen at any stage of life, from small babies to adults. Baptism is a gift from God and is open to all. You do not need to be a member of the church in order to have a child Baptised. We are always happy to explain what is involved in the service and what it all means.
- To arrange a Baptism please contact the Rector. Baptisms usually take place on a Sunday during the 10.30 am service
Weddings, Marriage Blessings and Renewal of Marriage Vows
- St James’s is an ideal venue for a wedding. The church seats about 140 people comfortably.
- The first step in planning a wedding is to contact the Rector so that he can give some guidance about dates. It is wise to check that a date is available before making a firm booking with a hotel for your reception.
- The General Registrar Office for Scotland has information on the legal issues involved in getting married: